Suitable from birth, the versatile Joie Every Stage car seat is used in a rear-facing position for your newborn and can continue to be used in that position right up until your child is 4 years old. Alternatively, if you prefer, the seat can also be used in a forward -acing position when your little one reaches 9kg (approximately 9 months but Securatot recommend using the seat rear-facing to the maximum weight of 18kg).
The Joie Every Stage car seat features enhanced side impact protection with Guard Surround Safety™ panels that can be folded into the seat when not required. The seat will recline in both forward- and rear-facing mode for your child's comfort. It has an adjustable headrest and side wings to ensure your child is always safely supported and sitting comfortably as he/she grows. The harness is also height adjustable and does not require re-threading and can be stores away in the custom harness hideaway compartment when using the seat as a Group 2 booster seat for older children.
The Joie Every Stage has been designed with plush fabrics and cushioning and features built-in ventilation with mesh side pockets for keeping favourite items close to hand on your journeys.
- Additional Features
- Suitable from birth to 36kg (approximately 12 years)
- Use rear-facing from birth to 18kg (approximately 4 years)
- Can be used in a forward-facing if preferred from 9kg (approximately 9 month) to 36kg/12 years
- 4 seats in 1 - An 'every group' child seat with added features to adapt and protect from birth to 12 years
- Transforms to fit - AutoAdjust™ side wings and headrest grow up and out simultaneously
- Powerful protector - Multi-position Guard Surround Safety™ side impact protection panels
- 4 recline positions: 1 rear-facing and 3 forward-facing
- 10 position height adjustable headrest - adjust with just one hand
- Installed using the car's seat belt
- Reinforced steel inner seat shell
- Grow Together™ multi-height headrest and harness system adjust simultaneously and require no re-threading of harness
- Custom Harness Hideaway compartments store the 5-point harness when using as a Group 2 booster
- Grow-with-me infant body and head support are customisable for an ultimate fit at every stage
- Plush, deluxe cushioning and fabrics
- Built-in side ventilation
- Side mesh storage pockets
Car seats can not be fitted in the front seat if there is an activated airbag installed!
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Ok as a second seat, recline a bit too much when rearward facing
We purchased this for my husbands van which we use occasionally so didn't want to spend loads of money! It is good value for money, nicely padded and seems well made, it is no frills though, and doesn't have the safety features of our other seat, personally I wouldn't use it as an everyday seat. The only major issue we have with it is that in order to have it rearward facing, it has to be in the most recline position, which admittedly some babies/children might love, but our 15 month old hated it to start with! Our other seat which he is in most days, he is sat right up, but the joie seat is more like an infant carrier when rear facing, and my son wasn't a fan! He is slowly getting more used to it, but long journeys are not much fun as he gets upset much much sooner in this seat than he does in our other seat. As I said, this might suit some kids because of the recline. Thankfully in our van the seats belts fasten the opposite way to most cars, so you plug the belt in on the outside, next to the door, which means we don't have to lift our son over the top of the belt in order to get him in, but I can imagine that if your belts go the normal way, it would be a bit of a nightmare getting them in and out, especially as they get bigger! As always, service from Securatot was fantastic!
- Ok if you have lots of cabin space
Great seat if you have enough space in the back as it takes up a lot of room. We had this seat for only 2 months, we had to exchange it with Joie for a different seat. The tail that tightens/loosens the harness started fraying, and after only moving the headrest up a couple of notches it hit my drivers seat. I'm only 5'1 so my seat is as far forward as possible yet there was no avoiding this issue. The recline on it is very good though.